Visiting your dentist regularly is crucial to maintaining your overall oral health. Dentists ideally recommend that patients visit their dentist twice a year. Below mentioned are some of the benefits of regular dental check-ups:
Your teeth get a thorough cleaning
- When you visit your dentist regularly, your mouth is free of bacteria. Irrespective of you brushing and flossing your teeth every day, plaque is still likely to build up in certain parts of your mouth that won’t be easy to reach with a toothbrush. Over time if the plaque hardens, it can turn into calculus, which can be extremely difficult to remove.
Regular check-ups significantly reduce tooth decay
- By visiting a dentist, you significantly reduce the chance of your tooth decaying. With every visit, your dentist can identify cavities that are still small and place fillings to prevent the decay from spreading. If you ignore visiting your dentist, the decay could spread to the root of the tooth, which could ultimately result in you getting a root canal or even a tooth extraction.
Prevents gum disease
- Plaque not only causes harm to your teeth, but it can also lead to possible gum infections. Gum disease makes your tissues fragile, leading to a lack of support to hold your teeth in place. If you ignore getting your gum disease treated, you could lose your teeth. By visiting your dentist regularly, they will be able to detect early signs of gum disease and take necessary action to prevent it from spreading.
Protects overall health
- A few studies link gum disease to certain heart conditions. By keeping your gums healthy through regular visits to the dentist, you could reduce the risk of potentially suffering from any critical health condition.
Regular check-ups with your dentist eliminate developing bad habits
- If you fail to visit your dentist regularly, you could easily develop bad habits that could impact your oral health. From consuming too much sugar, grinding your teeth or even smoking. Sometimes, even brushing too hard can harm them. With every visit, your dentist does not just identify issues but also educates you on the effects of these bad habits and how to avoid them from causing serious dental problems.
A whiter and brighter smile
- With every visit, your dentist will clean away all the plaque and calculus that can make your teeth yellow. It not only helps boost your self-confidence but also serves as a reminder to make regular visits to the dentist.
Safeguards dental work
- If you have had comprehensive dental procedures such as crowns, implants, or bridges, it is imperative to visit your dentist regularly. Our experienced Dentist in Oakville will be able to identify any infection or decay which could possibly lead to the removal of your implant to tackle the problem. Think of it as protecting your investment.
Saves you money in the long-run
- Every time you skip a dental visit, you could potentially spend more on a dental procedure that you could have avoided by visiting your dentist regularly for a check-up.
Examine your risk of oral cancer
- When you visit our Dentist in Oakville for a standard check-up, they will thoroughly examine your tongue, throat and various areas of your mouth to see if you have potential risk for oral cancer.
Maintains overall well being
- Oral care is linked to overall health. Certain diseases like diabetes and heart-related issues are directly linked to poor oral health. Our experienced Dentist in Oakville can help address these issues and provide treatment options to protect your overall health.
Visit Smile Park Dental today for a dental cleaning and check-up!