Teeth whitening significantly improves self-confidence. However, there are many misconceptions about teeth whitening. Our dentists have years of experience in carrying out these procedures. If you are looking for teeth whitening in Oakville, you cannot go wrong with Smile Park Dental. Below are some of the answers to the questions we often get from patients regarding teeth whitening.
Does whitening toothpaste work?
- The short answer is yes. There are several products available over-the-counter for whitening your teeth, including toothpaste. However, these products have very low bleach concentrations. This means that they need to be used for a long time (sometimes months) to obtain satisfactory results. In contrast, the in-office Zoom whitening treatment we offer at Smile Park Dental gives immediate results within an hour.
Professional teeth whitening treatment is expensive
- One of the main reasons patients do not get whitening is that they think it will be expensive. However, it is not always the case. At Smile Park Dental – we offer our new patient whitening promotions at reduced fees or even for free. Professional in-office teeth whitening procedures definitely cost more than at-home whitening kits. However, the results of in-office whitening are immediate and effective. Contact us to learn more about teeth whitening at our office!
It is painful and will cause damage to your nerve
- Another misconception is that teeth whitening causes irreversible damage to your nerve. Bleaching your teeth indeed makes them more temperature-sensitive. However, this tends to be a temporary effect. Furthermore, the Professionals at Smile Park Dental follow a sensitivity protocol before initiating whitening treatment to ensure that the patient will be comfortable after. Please schedule your appointment with us for teeth whitening in Oakville today!
This treatment works on everyone
- Many believe teeth whitening works for everyone, but that is not the case. Some patients may not be eligible due to congenital (or internal) staining – however, we have other products that may work for a stain like this. If you are considering getting your teeth whitened, contact our dentist at Smile Park Dental to find out more information and get an idea to see which treatment works for you.
It is a one-and-done procedure
- This is a big misconception when it comes to teeth whitening. Teeth whitening is not a permanent solution and does require maintenance. Avoiding stain-causing foods such as red wine or coffee helps prolong the effects of whitening. However, you will need to repeat the procedure timely (depending on your diet, oral hygiene and lifestyle) to keep your teeth white. Now that you have a better understanding of what you can expect. We are a trusted office when it comes to teeth whitening in Oakville. If you choose to get your teeth whitened by a professional dentist, you can schedule an initial consultation with our team to determine if this is the right solution for you.