The onset of Covid-19 in March 2020 has displaced us at so many levels that it has been very difficult for us to see what we call a ‘normal’ life again. A recent survey conducted by C.S. Mott’s Children Hospital found that almost 40% of parents have delayed or not taken their children to a Dentist in the past year due to concerns related to Covid-19, costs, and office appointment delays.
At Smile Park Dental, we are constantly evolving as a team to ensure that our patients safety and care is at the highest level. Due to these unprecedented times, we wanted to directly address these concerns directly and alleviate any worries you may have:
Strict Use of PPE & Covid-19 Protocols
- Our Covid-19 protocols are outlined in detail on www.smileparkdental.ca. The fortunate news for Dentists and patients is, although we are in a HealthCare setting, the infection rates have been very very low. This is mostly due to the proactive approach of Dentists with the use of PPE and Air Purifiers. Every provider will be treating you with a fluid resistant gown, face shield and N95 masks. These extra measures are being taken to protect you as well as the Dental team. In addition, Smile Park Dental has invested in Medical Grade HEPA Filters to purify the air and reduce the spread of germs.
Financial Concerns Addressed
- At Smile Park Dental, we take Pediatric Dental Health very seriously as it sets a precedence for how the adult teeth are taken care of. Because of this, we accept a comprehensive list of payment methods including credit cards, certified cheques, and all insurances including Healthy Smiles Ontario. If there are any specific financial concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Weekend & Evening Appointments Available
- One of the major issues cited in the article was the difficulty in booking appointments due to schedule conflicts. We fully understand how challenging these times are, and trying to coordinate a dental appointment for your children is the least of your concerns. This is why we have decided to accommodate your schedule by staying open late (up to 7pm on weekdays) and are available on saturdays. This way, you can bring your kids after work or on the weekend when your schedule is more flexible.
We hope that you feel more comfortable in booking an appointment for a checkup and cleaning for your children at Smile Park Dental. However, if you are still not comfortable, please remember that dental care first starts at home. In some cases, proactive effort will significantly lower chances of needing us at the last minute. This includes:
- Limiting your child’s sugar intake such as reducing consumption of juices, flavoured milks (chocolate or strawberry), candy and chocolate.
- Brushing their teeth 2 times a day with a soft-bristle toothbrush and toothpaste. If your child can spit and is not currently swallowing, he/she is allowed to have fluoridated toothpaste.
Preventive Dental Care is key to reducing any surprise visits to a Dentist. However, it is inevitable that your child may require an emergency visit or treatment. We want to assure you that at Smile Park Dental, we are fully equipped and ready to address your concerns. If there are any questions, regarding your children’s teeth, Please do not hesitate to book an appointment with us by contacting email@example.com.