Do you have a damaged tooth that needs some attention? Dental Crowns can help to improve the appearance and add strength to your tooth!
Restore the natural shape and function of a damaged tooth with Dental Crowns Oakville
What is a dental crown?
A dental crown is a custom made cap that covers a tooth to prevent it from fracturing and enhances its appearance and durability. Dental Crowns help to restore the shape, function and appearance of your tooth. Get Dental Crowns in Oakville from Smile Park Dental!
Indications for having a dental crowns
- When your tooth has become weakened due to a large cavity or severe wear.
- To improve esthetics.
- To prevent from fracture after root canal therapy.
Types of dental crowns:
- Full ceramic – excellent at providing a natural looking tooth.
- Porcelain fused to metal – used when strength and esthetics are a concern.
- Metal – offers a strong and durable option when esthetics aren’t a concern.
Dental Crowns Oakville : Benefits of Dental Crowns
- Dental Crowns Supports a damaged tooth
- Protects a tooth from further infections and damage
- After a root canal, dental crowns provides protection and support to a tooth
- It Holds a cracked tooth, to prevent it from further damage
- Dental Crowns gives a natural look to your tooth
- Improves the appearance of your smile
Book your appointment today to get professional dental care services in Oakville!
Procedure for having a Dental Crown
- Step 1: Under anaesthesia the tooth is cleaned and shaped to fit a dental crown.
- Step 2: An impression is taken of the prepared tooth and sent to a dental laboratory for the fabrication of the crown.
- Step 3: When the crown is ready, it will replace the temporary crown in your mouth. Waiting for the crown usually takes 1-2 weeks.
How long do dental crowns last?
With regular maintenance, dental crowns can last 10-15 years. Contact Smile Park Dental to know more details about Dental Crowns Oakville!