Dental Fillings Oakville!
Do you have a small chip in your tooth that is making eating or drinking painful? A chipped tooth doesn’t have to require major dental work to fix. In many cases, a dental filling can fix the chip and get you back to eating – painfree!
Reasons why your dentist may recommend a Dental Fillings:
Are you looking for a way to restore your damaged tooth back to health? Look no further than Smile Park Dental. Our experienced dentists in Oakville can help you in removing the decayed material, clean the affected area and fill the cavity with a composite, tooth-colored filling to avoid further decay. To get top quality Dental Fillings Oakville contact Smile Park Dental Today!
- Large, worn-out fillings.
- Broken fillings.
- A tooth with a small fracture.
- A tooth with shallow crack lines.
What is Dental Restoration or Dental Fillings?
To simply put, a dental filling is a method used to restore the function, integrity, and morphology of a missing tooth structure. Sometimes the restoration can involve a combination of one or more dental treatments that include dental implants.
While there are many different ways of a dental filling, composite resins or tooth-colored fillings are the commonly used method. They are durable, resistant to fracture in small to mid-size fillings, and are able to withstand moderate pressure from constant chewing. These are widely preferred as they look more natural. We at Smile Park Dental offering the best quality Dental Fillings in Oakville. Call us today to book your appointment!
The Dental Fillings Procedure in Oakville
- The procedure usually can be done in one dental visit, in a span of one or two hours.
- You will be administered with a painless injection and the dentist then removes any decayed, weak, or compromised tooth structure.
- In several stages, a composite filling is placed to increases success and minimize sensitivity
- Since the composite fillings are made of light cure material, they will set as soon as the procedure is complete.
- Later, the dentist will check the fit, bite and shape of the filling to make it more functional and aesthetically pleasing.
- Tooth-colored fillings require a dry tooth during the placement of the filling and sometimes your dentist uses special equipment to keep the tooth away from moisture and saliva
How to Care for Your Dental Fillings?
- You might experience some kind of tenderness around the tissue of the tooth. We recommend you avoid any food or hot beverages until the numbness wore off.
- Composite fillings can also cause a little sensitivity to hot and cold initially. It will eventually settle.
- If you experience any sort of discomfort after the filling procedure, contact your dentist immediately
- A tooth filling can still develop a cavity or infection if you do not maintain proper oral hygiene. Brushing and flossing is vital along with a proper diet.
- • If you are often exposed to sugary and acidic food, your filling might need frequent replacement.
No dental filling is permanent. Even with all this care, your filling might need replacement periodically along with other preventive dental care treatments. If you leave a worn-out filling unattended, it can lead to severe problems and more intensive treatments. Our dental staff has the knowledge and is equipped with the latest technology to help you in every way possible. Contact us today to get your dental examination done.
Get Dental Fillings Oakville from Smile Park Dental!
Cavities can happen for a variety of reasons and can cause pain. Dental fillings can stop the decay and come in several varieties. Contact us to see which type of filling will work best for you.