Many people are unhappy with their smile due to their teeth being crowded or crooked. The most obvious solution is to get braces, however, many don’t want to wear traditional metal braces. With advancements in technology, there is another alternative known as Invisalign. Unlike metal braces, Invisalign is a hard, clear plastic aligner fitted to your mouth like a glove. However, they must be regularly replaced over several months while the dentist tries to align your teeth into their correct position. As mentioned earlier, Invisalign is the most preferred option for adults and teens to straighten their teeth. At Smile Park Dental, we go above and beyond to ensure our patients get the smile they deserve and will love. As good as Invisalign sounds, there are pros and cons to using it. It would be helpful for you to learn more about the differences between braces and Invisalign before making the right choice. If you are looking to get Invisalign in Oakville, you cannot go wrong with Smile Park Dental. Below-mentioned are the pros and cons of both options:
Pros of Invisalign:
- A fantastic alternative to silver wires and metal braces.
- You can remove the Invisalign aligner when you want to brush, eat or floss your teeth.
- You have a large choice of food items as there are limited food restrictions.
- Since they are moulded to the patient’s teeth, some patient find them more comfortable than metal braces.
- More aesthetically pleasing than metal braces.
Cons of Invisalign
- Frequent visits to the dentist as the aligner trays need to be replaced as the teeth straighten
- Since the aligners can be removed and it is clear, there are high chances for one to misplace them
- They must be worn a minimum of 22 hours a day
Pros of braces:
- Traditional metal braces have been around longer and are still considered a widely used tooth straightening product by many dentists.
- There are many types to choose from, such as ceramic and lingual.
- You can customize the braces with a wide range of colourful bands.
- Metal braces can correct any orthodontic issue
Cons of braces:
- Compared to Invisalign clear aligners, they are visible when talking and smiling.
- It can be difficult to brush and floss properly, which can cause stains or other dental issues.
- Several food restrictions including limiting gum and popcorn
- If the braces break due to an accident, you will need to make additional visits to the dentist.
When choosing between Invisalign and braces, you will go through all the pros and cons to make a well-informed decision. The experts at Smile Park Dental are well-informed to help you make a decision when it comes to Invisalign treatment in Oakville. Please do not hesitate to contact us today to schedule an appointment or find out more information.