Root Canal Treatment Oakville
What is a Root Canal Treatment?
When a tooth becomes injured or infected and there is damage to the pulpal tissues due to a deep cavity for example, it can cause a tooth to develop pain and swelling.
A root canal treatment involves removing the infected pulpal tissues, disinfecting the canals and sealing it for protection. This treatment allows you to save your tooth!
The term root canal itself can be scary and intimidating, especially if you have fear of dental procedures. But at Smile Park Dental, you can find painless and comfortable root canal treatment Oakville.
Root Canal Treatment Oakville : How would you know if you need Root Canal Treatment?
Are you experiencing pain at night? Is your tooth sensitive to hot or cold? Do you have pain on biting? If your answer is yes to any of these questions it is best to get your tooth examined by our Oakville dentists at Smile Park Dental.
The infection in a root canal can occur due to various reasons. The bacteria that cause this infection enters the pulp of the tooth through unattended cracks, breaks or cavities and leaves the tooth filled with abscess. Usually, such cavities occur due to poor oral health and irregular oral hygiene methods leading the tooth enamel to wear off. This cavity when unattended for a long time will lead to infection in the pulp and the blood vessels. In simple words When tooth decay goes to the nerve, a Root Canal Treatment may be needed. Contact us to get the top quality Root Canal Treatment Oakville!
Symptoms of Root Canal
- General tooth pain that cannot be relieved with over-the-counter medicines
- Discolouration of the teeth
- Severe pain while chewing, and severe pressure on the tooth
- Temperature sensitivity
- Swelling and tenderness of the teeth
These are the common symptoms for Root Canal. For further details about Root Canal Treatment Oakville contact Smile Park Dental today!
A step-by-step approach for Root Canal Treatment!
After diagnosing the condition, the surgery date would be fixed. On the day of treatment your tooth would be anaesthetized.
- Then an opening would be made in the crown of the tooth to facilitate the surgery.
- The canal would then be cleaned and shaped with the help of special tools.
- The debris would be removed using an anti-bacterial solution and then the canal would be sealed.
- Afterwards, the infected tooth would be restored using a crown or filling depending on the tooth condition.
The entire procedure can be completed in a single visit. However, depending on the severity of the infection, it may take several visits as well. Contact us now to schedule your Root Canal Treatment Oakville
How is the Root Canal Treatment Cost Determined?
Root canal therapy itself is a little expensive considered to other oral procedures. But the total cost can vary according to each person’s oral situation.
- Severity: If the infection is intense and if tooth extraction is needed to prevent further complications, it can add onto the cost.
- Location of the tooth: Front and back teeth have different number of roots. If it’s an incisor that needs a root canal, it’ll cost you less because it only has one root, but the molars might cost more because of three roots.
- Re-occurance: If you are going for a root canal on an already treated tooth, the cost can increase by 20-40%.
- Additional treatments: Sometimes a crown or a filling might be needed along with the root canal. This usually happens when there’s a crack or break in the tooth that needs to be fixed.
The entire procedure can be completed in a single visit. However, depending on the severity of the infection, it may take several visits as well. Contact our Dentist at Smile Park Dental to know more details about Root Canal Treatment Oakville!